You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » What's Just Popped Through Your Letterbox?

#551 2024-02-03 04:14:51

RobbieB

Re: What's Just Popped Through Your Letterbox?

So I put my scarf in the freezer and all is well. However I was ironing  a white OCBD shirt this morning when I discovered an old moth hole in the back of the shirt. Not a great loss as it was a made In HK RL from years ago called a Yarmouth. Time to get a new white shirt from Jake

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#552 2024-02-03 04:48:14

Staxfan

Robbie- that’s a relief you’re replacement will be a Jakes and you’re not going back for that charity shop Ben Sherman, worse still would be a Brutus !
White OCBD’s - I have one from the Bureau in Belfast from about 7-10 years ago, from the shirt details I think it was made by Individualized Shirts in NYC, excellent shirt probably the best collar roll on any Ivy shirt I’ve owned in the last 20 years and that includes some NOS shirts from O’Connells, to me it feels like a Hathaway from back in the day, but I reckon I’ve worn the shirt less than a dozen times, if it had been blue it’d be worn out by now, Individualized Shirts use to make some excellent shirts, last time I looked there was nothing Ivy , modern short collar slim fit shirts,

#553 2024-02-03 10:04:57

FlatSixC

Robbie - I have a surplus white Southwick Button Down Oxford shirt, made in the USA at the Garland shirt factory where Brooks shirts were  made. It’s essentially a Brooks shirt with a different label. Never been out of it’s packet. Size 16/33. £35 if it’s of any interest.

#554 2024-02-05 06:11:16

RobbieB

Thanks for the offer FlatSixC. It sounds like a real bargain but I've set my heart on getting a Jake shirt. I have a plan of slowly replacing my old shirts with Jake ones and I want him to stay in business.

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#555 2024-02-05 11:43:31

FlatSixC

That’s a good plan Robbie, to replace all my shirts with Jake’s shirts I would need to remortgage haha!

#556 2024-02-06 09:51:21

FlatSixC

From Dick’s sale: a shirt by The Original Madras Trading Company who make the best madras shirts,  bar none, that I’ve ever had.
However this is what OMTC  call Madras Winter weight brushed cotton. It’s like a madras cloth but in a lighter weight flannel. The two prints they have are quite subdued rather the flashy madras colours of summer. I’m very pleased, it looks good under a crew neck sweater and will look good with a plain tweed or cord jacket.

Last edited by FlatSixC (2024-02-06 10:21:48)

• Index
  •  » Talk Ivy
  •  » What's Just Popped Through Your Letterbox?

Board footer