You are not logged in.

#26 2024-01-26 09:46:36

Half Mast

Re: Grenfell Packing Up?

Well, it took 10 days to get an e-mail response from Grenfell customer services.

Anyway, if anyone's interested I now have pdf sizing guides for their "Classic" and "Standard" styles (the link on their website doesn't/didn't work).

I guess they're still in business.

#27 2024-01-26 10:06:13

An Unseen Scene

Good to know. I'm intrigued by the Morrocan Blue one, but last time I asked it was out of stock.
Part of their issue is I think, they make some of the fabric, manufacture clothing from it and then don't have any more to use until they do another batch of cloth.

#28 2024-03-06 12:27:38

An Unseen Scene

Mrs Unseen ordered me a Grenfell Harrington in the Moroccan Blue that she knows I want. I can confirm it has been despatched within three working days and is on the way. So Grenfell is definitely open for business.

Last edited by An Unseen Scene (2024-03-07 01:56:10)

#29 2024-03-06 16:33:03

Yuca

https://grenfell.com/products/harrington-grenfell-cloth-moroccan-blue

Looks good.

some sort of banal legitimacy

#30 2024-03-07 05:38:38

An Unseen Scene

Thanks Yuca - going to be what I wear on 30th Wedding Anniversary holiday at Madeira in May.

#31 2024-03-07 06:41:34

RobbieB

Yes, that is a good looking Harrington. I like the look of the maroon 'golfer' jacket. Not sure on the sizing though.

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#32 2024-03-07 09:15:12

An Unseen Scene

Yes those maroon jackets do look nice - I'm not sure on 'peached cotton' but assume it's fine.

I'm not a thin person and found the standard fit (modern rather than roomy traditional one) is absolutely fine on me and zips up perfectly without any pulling.

For example, I find coats are normally a size down on me compared to a sports jacket/blazer - and the Grenfell jackets work like that for me too.

The Moroccan blue one will be worn in Madeira for our 30th Wedding Anniversary in May.

This is my fourth Grenfell harrington (French Navy, Beige, Olive and now the Moroccan Blue), so I can recommend them from experience.

#33 2024-03-07 12:01:42

Staxfan

AUS - firstly congratulations in advance for reaching 30 years of marriage, I can’t believe it but it’ll be 50 years for me and ‘ her indoors ‘ this year, that G9 will be ideal for May in Madeira, we’ve been there 3 times I think, ( but not for a while) , and the temperature there is very nice all year round, I’m guessing you’re staying in Funchal,from memory  the runway isn’t for the faint hearted for landing!

#34 2024-03-07 15:24:22

FlatSixC

I’m pleased to hear they are still trading, Grenfell is a fine old name and their Harringtons represent good value.

#35 2024-03-09 07:56:57

Kingston1an

Porto is great. Visited Taylors great lunch and various ports after. Visited Graham's on another day - tawny ports of different ages 10, 20, 40 years old.

I also like to drink Madeira in Winter - Duke of Clarence from Morrisons. Not been to the island yet though.

Falling behind on foreign trips since lockdown.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#36 2024-03-09 07:59:33

Kingston1an

Off to The Emirates soon but preloading at Surbiton Spoons. Fantastic chocolate stout from their beer festival

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#37 2024-03-10 03:08:10

RobbieB

Kingston1an- Bad luck at the Emirates. I don't want to see Declan Rice win a medal with Arsenal but that's just a personal issue with me.

What was the name of the chocolate stout?

'I am a closet optimist' Leonard Cohen.

#38 2024-03-10 03:51:43

Kingston1an

It was Titanic chocolate and vanilla stout. Titanic also brew the excellent plum porter.

Referees never give anything to small clubs. I don't mean a second yellow for Havertz. Running into the backs of players and wrestling with them seem to go unpunished if you wear the right shirt.

That said, you cannot cede possession so freely or pump long balls to nowhere. That just gifts opportunities to the other side.

#39 2024-03-10 10:17:32

Kingston1an

Thankfully West Ham eventually limited Burnley to a single point.

Nailed on relegation certainties are important
Though I have nothing against Burnley
I would like Luton to avoid relegation as they have been very shabbily treated with points deductions in the past. Their ground does not attract tourists or glory hunters either. It has that wonderful historic crappiness that is missing in modern football.

#40 2024-03-10 13:07:24

FlatSixC

Kingston1an. ‘ Fantastic chocolate stout from their beer festival’

This brew has also reached the far-flung outpost of Stainespoons where I quaffed a couple last night.

#41 2024-03-12 07:52:35

Kingston1an

Hook Norton Crafty Fox is another fine dark beer from that festival.

Board footer