You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-29 19:56:19

farrago
Ambassador Of Ivy

Ivy Is Alive And Well

I should have snapped a photo or two, but I forgot. Mea culpa.

Paying a visit to a business today, I  was met by a young associate. To my astonishment, he was perfectly dressed head to toe in the Ivy Style: brownish gray tweed suit, burgundy striped OCBD, fat cuffed trousers that touched the top of his cordovan wingtips.

He said that he preferred to dress in the Ivy style of the early 60's. So, his suit had narrow lapels with a perfect roll and a high 3/2 stance.

It turns out he had worked for Brooks Brothers here in SF. His suit was custom made by Brooks Brothers. We traded notes about the current establishments. But he seemed pleased that there is someone else out there who knows the style and understands the clues.

In this day and age of pinched, short jackets and untucked shirts, it was a surprising and refreshing encounter.

#2 2024-01-30 02:19:51

An Unseen Scene

Re: Ivy Is Alive And Well

Nice to see.

#3 2024-01-30 05:30:33

AlveySinger

Really interesting post.

In the UK it would be nice to see more guys thinking through their wardrobe choices regardless of style.

Case in point a chap this morning at my local petrol station.

He got out of an expensive looking Mercedes in an electric blue suit, tan coloured Bruges and a silver grey overcoat. Obviously has no mirrors in his house.

#4 2024-01-31 12:30:12

Yuca

That's great news. And it's always a pleasure to see farrago here.

some sort of banal legitimacy

Board footer