You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-26 15:17:23

AlveySinger

J PRESS LOOK BOOK

Over recent years I've really enjoyed the Press look books.  Not only could you see the merchandise and fits but they were mini travelogues.

The latest one landed a couple of weeks ago and I must admit it looks very poor in comparison with previous efforts.

The backdrop of many of the shots is simply draped sheets. On the floor they've nicked a painters dust sheet.

They claim to have used elements of fine art as a vehicle to express the personality of the clothes. Really?

This looks like a case of emperors new clothes.

The worst backdrop is the one where the model is wearing madras shorts and bucks. It consists of last weeks bedding on a washing line.

Press sell some really great Summer clothes and have remained true to the Ivy look. It's such a shame to see their merchandise presented so badly.

#2 2024-03-27 05:21:50

FlatSixC

Re: J PRESS LOOK BOOK

The other day a young person showed me how to change the background on a photo on your mobile phone, surprisingly easy. So I guess the dust sheets etc in the J Press brochure is just some attempt to be artistic and edgy.

Nothing stays the same, I used to like the old Brooks brochures that showed drawings of guys wearing the clothes.

#3 2024-03-28 06:29:22

Tomiskinky

The mainline look book can be seen here, given I work on art directing menswear shoots for a client I get where this is coming from, there's a trend for much more simplistic shoots across the market, from street wear to tailoring. It's a bit boring and the thing I dislike most here is the overly retouched photos.

https://jpressonline.com/pages/ss24-lookbook

The pennant line is similar in styling, but the shots are softer so work better.

https://jpressonline.com/pages/pennant-label-ss24-lookbook
https://jpressonline.com/pages/pennant-label-april-lookbook-2024

#4 2024-03-28 11:19:47

FlatSixC

They’ve certainly put their prices up over the last few years.

#5 2024-03-28 21:52:12

AlveySinger

FSC,

the worst bit is their size guide is wrong and that you have to pay for returns.

#6 2024-03-29 06:40:49

Kingston1an

Looks like they ran out of socks.

One bloke forgot his comb.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#7 2024-03-29 20:48:49

Sammy Ambrose

Kingstonian said:

Looks like they ran out of socks.

One bloke forgot his comb.

I am surprised that no one has pointed out that socks not only increase comfort as well as looking good but also protect the shoe lining.

But putting that aside, why coudn't Press find clotghing that actually fitted and suited the models? Who on earth wants to look like that!

If you aren't seeing through all three eyes at once day and night you are up shit creek without a paddle. The Shooman

#8 2024-04-20 10:33:15

AlveySinger

There is now a Press collection film online.

I lost count of number of items I was attracted to. It's under 3 minutes and absolutely crammed full of goodies.

I can almost forgive them for the men holding bowls of fruit and being propped by dust sheets.

Board footer