You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-17 02:55:20

Kingston1an

Bill Nighy

Article in today's 'Sunday Times':-

'He visits places like John Simons, a shop at 46 Chiltern Street in central London that describes itself as the “destination for all discerning modernists?? . “I recently bought this coat there,??  he says, picking it up to show me. “It’s a vintage American coat from the Hudson Men’s Store, known as a season skipper.??  He turns it over and points at the label. “It’s worth looking at because it’s so beautiful.?? '

Coat does not look great. Mid brown item. Nighy also wears Cheaney loafers in the photo.

He is a go to man when journalists want to do an article about style and suits.

Probably helps John Simons to have another celeb customer.

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

#2 2024-03-17 05:23:50

An Unseen Scene

Re: Bill Nighy

My 23 year old son would take style pointers from Bill Nighy and was chuffed when he nodded back to him in London once. He likely would ignore Paul Weller connections (though dresses Prep/casual Mod/Ivy without doing so consciously). Nice to see BN talking outside his standard blue suit look.

Last edited by An Unseen Scene (2024-03-17 05:59:09)

#3 2024-03-17 15:28:25

FlatSixC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqSjqU6T39k

He always comes across as slightly half hearted inhis roles.

#4 2024-03-17 15:46:36

Kingston1an

He is looking his age now, although he is not carrying excess weight which helps wearing a suit.

I did Google the McCoy jeans he mentions. They are £350 to £400 for one pair ! A ridiculous amount of money for what my father used to call overalls.

Half hearted maybe because diffidence and restraint is part of many of the characters he plays ?

"Florid, smug, middle-aged golf club bore in this country I'd say. Propping up the 19th hole in deepest Surrey bemoaning the perils of immigration."

Board footer